Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Materialistic Poll of the Week

I was flipping through a magazine with a friend the other day and stopped on a page that featured a pair of cute, floral flats with a big button on the side. "Oooh," I began, but my browsing companion finished my sentence with, "Yeah, gross."

At this point I began to question my fashion sense.

My day-to-day style can best be described as, well, shabby chic. Kind of a post-apocalyptic Punk Rock meets Old Navy sale rack look. But, I will admit that I'm a sucker for "conversation pieces." I place this phrase in quotations because "conversation piece" often means "hideous mass of teal feathers that passersby can't NOT notice."

With that said, I was doing some internet window shopping yesterday and came across these shoes. My first reaction was an "Oooh!" My second was more of an "Eeeh?"

Inquiring minds need to know - If I *am* a walking fashion disaster/public humiliation, I'd like to begin some sort of recovery process asap. So these shoes...ugly...fashionable...eh?

2 comments:

pseudosilence said...

Sorry, but I have to go with ugly. Possibly awesome on the right person, but it would take a serious amount of fashion confidence to pull it off.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'm qualified, but unless you have a canary yellow piece or another solid color to offset that faux green, Lady, I'd try out a different set.

That said, I bet you have far more of a style-sense then you give yourself credit for. It certainly shows itself in your fine-tuned prose!