Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Leave a message after the [expletive deleted]

I've been putting off writing the entry at the forefront of my mind because I know it's going to make me angry. If anyone is interested in a preview, you can look forward to a punchy little rant about men, cluelessness, and entitlement. By this time tomorrow, I think I can muster up the ovaries to get it all out there. Until then, I'll preface the entry with a question:

How many times do you try calling someone before you finally give up? After dialing incessantly for a week and a half, are you *still* calling in hopes of making an appointment, or are you calling to give this self-righteous bitch a piece of your mind? I don't want to see you. Your initial emails sent up a red flag, and your relentless attempts to establish contact have only confirmed what I suspected in the first place: crazy, desperate, stalker.

So hear me out: I like my phone number. I don't want to have to change it. I am not going to pick up for you, and I will ignore any incoming calls that I suspect are just you trying to call from another number. There are many other women who can fulfill your needs far better than I. I'm just a shy college student with dwindling financial resources who mistakenly believed I could maintain this type of lifestyle.

Feel free to leave a message after the beep; I've ignored all incoming calls for the past seven days.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I have the time wasters logged into my mobile as various... one of them is just "Mick timewaster"... this man calls me up and asks me when I am available and never books me. It is always the same kind of skirting around the issue conversation, so now when the number comes up, I simply ignore.
This man must have called me a hundred times now and I never answer, but he keeps on calling...