Friday, July 25, 2008

And so it continues...


The Pink Scare, Part 2.

*Sigh*

Though it's probably old news by now, I can't help but recall this story from this past February (not so very long ago).


It's depressing...seriously pathetic and depressing. Can somebody remind me exactly what it is we're so scared of?! Every time I turn on the radio, some smooth-talking newscaster is jabbing on about the fact that we live in "trying times." Because, you know, gas prices are really high and the airlines have delayed more family vacations to the Bahamas. I believe the phrase "trying times" is relative, and I'm backed by the fact that *most* people have easily turned a blind (or gleefully blind) eye to this "Pink Scare" business sweeping the nation. If I mentioned the term "Pink Scare" to my closest friends, most wouldn't have a damned clue what I was talking about.

No comments: